They have three games left with Nashville...which appears to be a key to jumping into a playoff spot. But even if The Note wins all three of those games (1 home, 2 away) and claim all six points in regulation, that would only make up 6 of the 8 points they are currently behind the Preds. Nashville currently sits in the 7th playoff spot. Detroit is 8th, 7 points ahead of the Blues. Then you've still got to jump past Calgary in 9th place, 4 ahead. The good news there is that the Flames have only been .500 in their last 10 games. Everyone else ahead of the Blues and fighting for a spot is playing strong hockey....particularly the Wings who are finally healthy.
The schedule is no pushover. The only apparent easy win would be the Edmonton game at home, Sunday 3/28. You might add the Columbus game at Scottrade on April 5th as a "should win" game. Other than that, you've got a huge fight on your hands every time out.
- 2 games with the Blackhawks (1 home 3/30, 1 away 4/7)
- Home to LA on 3/25-(might be easier since the Kings have a spot pretty much secure)
- Those 3 with Nashville (home 3/21, away 4/1 & 4/10--last regular season game)
- Dallas, home 4/3--depending on how things go, Stars could be done, or fighting for a spot. But they're trending down right now)
- Anaheim, last home game 4/9. This should be a win if there's still hope by then.