- Looking back, I guess what bothers me quite a bit, as a part of the home-game experience, is that we lost so many playoff games at Scottrade.
- Apr. 15- Hawks 3 Blues 2
- Apr. 21- Hawks 4 Blues 3 2OT
- May 5- Stars 3 Blues 2 OT
- May 9- Stars 3 Blues 2
- May 17- Sharks 4 Blues 0
- May 23- Sharks 6 Blues 3
- Two games in each series played at Scottrade were won by the visitors. Not saying I'm
- Having to deal with the salary cap means that this team will have to look much different next season. Like it or not, that's the way it is. Some players will have to get paid somewhere else. Some of the younger guys will be asked to step up into more significant roles. What that means for the face of the roster, David Backes, will be a very interesting story this off-season.
- I'm so proud of our Scottrade/Blues presentation team. I won't name names here for fear of
- In my years of working for the Blues I haven't felt any better about the ownership situation than I do now. I'm so happy that we have a man like Tom Stillman leading a group of locally-connected owners. Tom is, as you likely know, totally hockey-driven. He wants to win that Cup in the worst way...or any way. And that's what's bringing many casual fans into Blues Nation.
- I can't express adequately how awkward the ending of a hockey season is for those of us who work as part of the show and behind the scenes. We are friends, colleagues and hockey lovers who get together some 50-plus nights a season to perform important, various functions around the game. Off-ice officials, technicians, television and radio commentators, front-office folks, ice-maintenance people, in-game hosts, music performers/presenters, security staff, food service staff, and many others become like a big family by the end of the season. Then, inevitably, the Blues go on the road after a home game with the hopes of winning to continue the season. We usually say good-bye to one another not knowing if we'll see our friends again until the first pre-season game of the following season. We usually say something like..."See you next time"..."See you Friday" (hoping that we do) or something similar. This season we were lucky to have the Blues successful in two rounds of the playoffs.
Thursday, May 26, 2016
Final Thoughts- Blues 2015-2016
So..my 29th season with the Blues ended last night like all the others. Thud. But, this campaign was