Friday, July 13, 2007

HOLY CRAP!! Am I excited!

-The promoter has signed DAUGHTRY to perform at the August 7th concert at GCS Ballpark in Sauget.

Son Ian...(the Chris Daughtry look-alike) called me a little while ago thinking I had probably heard the news. He said..."Just checkin' to see if you're having a heart attack." I said..."Don't think so....about what?" Then he said he read about Daughtry being added on Grizzlies staffer Brent Pownall's MySpace page. Wow!!

Originally, the concert was supposed to be Third Eye Blind, Counting Crows and Collective Soul. Then Third Eye Blind was dropped from the show for some reason. Grizzlies GM Tony Funderburg (pic) and the promoter have been looking for a third act to add to the show to perk up ticket sales. And today... Wham-o! Now tickets will be hard to get. They'll pack the place. Daughtry has been on the road most of the late spring and summer. Quite a few of their shows recently have been in conjunction with Nickelback and Staind. But, wherever Chris and his new group have been...has been pretty much sold out.

I think Ian is even going to drive up from Kentucky for this one. We'll have to get him and Chris in front of a camera somehow. If that happens, I'll make sure plenty of pics get posted here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the promoter - spread the news please

Best
JAM Productions